Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My room!

Here are some of the more exciting parts of my classroom: (when it's empty, that is--but I'm pretty sure I'm not legally allowed to post pictures of my students doing headstands on the desks on the internet)

This is my pride and joy, and it's responsible for increasing homework turn-in rates to, as you can see from last week, over 80% for most of my classes! I'm lucky enough to have a laminating machine, so I can update the percentages during each class as I check the homework.


(I know it's not rotated correctly, but I'm too tired to figure that out.)









This is the other part of my room that I'm very proud of, and it is also thanks to the laminating machine. It's just a blank two-week calendar, but it's revolutionized my teaching. It forces me to plan ahead, and then once I've got the plan written down for all the students to see, I tend to stick to it. It makes my life SO much easier!












Finally, some quotations from my brilliant students. You can also see the seminar-style table layout!

4 comments:

  1. Is that "race" between classes? That's pretty cool and I'm sure it inspires students to unite against the "others" in the other classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that "race" between classes? That's pretty cool and I'm sure it inspires students to unite against the "others" in the other classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures-especially the student quotes. I was wondering-did they choose the fonts for the large versions that were on the board? I liked the variety!

    Also dug the Prufrock quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "race" is indeed between classes. I track the homeworks turned in divided by the number of homeworks that SHOULD be turned in for each class, so the chart shows their total score for the week thus far. Whoever wins for the week gets cookies on Monday!

    The students didn't get to pick their fonts, but that would have been sweet. Next time, I'm having them pick the fonts, print em out, and tape em up--it took FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete